Tuesday, January 19, 2010

That Massachusetts Senate Race: Yes, I Was Wrong

Well folks, I was wrong in predicting a victory in the Senate race for Coakely.  But I am not disheartened because I do not believe all of the media hype about how the loss of one Senate seat will derail health care legislation and other proposed legislation.  I do think it would be just too smarmy if the State of Massachusetts imposed some long delay on certifying the result of the election to keep Brown from being seated for months.  I am not going to badmouth the leaders of Massachusetts, I just hope they don't do that.  It is normal for any (I should say either) party holding the White House and a majority in Congress to lose seats in Congress at the two year mid-term election mark (which will come up in November).  The vote for Brown is, in my view just a reflection of that normal trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment